The Raketenwurm 4 is the creation of Wolf Fickenscher and STRATAIR.
They have developed not only this F5B model, but have brought new levels of performance and ways of prefabrication.
- Carbon double (sandwich) design
- Up to 4 main spar webs (sometimes massive CRP)
- Spar cap of high-strength fibers UMS
- 4 built wing servos (Atlas 09 AMD / Graupner OF 428)
- Hinged control surfaces (QR + WK)
- Wiring harness with plug for receiver
- Solid core of CFP Rohacell
- 2 parts
New: fuselage (standard version) in white / carbon look (19g lighter than colored hull)
- Aramid - Carbon composite construction
- Pressure bag design
- Built-in servo HLTW tail boom (FS 555 speed or surcharge DS3781)
- Servo HLTW hinged lever finished in SLTW
- For 32mm Spinner
- Space for example: 1x 5S 3300mAh or 3000mAh 2 +4 S Lipol.
The Raketenwurm 4 has been optimized for the top level competition F5B. All the servos and linkages are preinstalled. The profile used on the wing is so thin that we had in the power sector to make thick zones. The elevator servo is located as far back as possible in the tail boom. A rod connects the servo to the ball bearing supported Bellcrank.
Info on FAI/F5 events: click to view
CLICK HERE to view Vimeo video by Dennis Ho
Video below by Maeni63