The Viper is very fast, very quiet, and tracks like mad! Are you ready for the next level?
Wingspan55 in (1.4m)
Length34.5 in (0.87m)
ControlsAil, Ele, Thr
Stratair took a unique approach to the design of the Viper, starting with a few simple questions:
- Can we make it faster? - Yes!
- Can we pre-fab more of the aircraft? - Yes!
- Can we leverage new FAI rules in our favor? - Yes!
- Can we accommodate more than 2KWs? - Sounds like fun!
- Can we break the sound barrier? - umm, seriously?
The results are in our favor! Consider this:
- Bottom Hinged Ailerons with Wipers
- Wipers on the Tail Too!
- Extended Nose for Larger Props (up to 15 in) !!
- Pre-installed CNC motor plate
- Extended, Extra Rigid Tail Boom
- Easily Removable Stab
- Larger fuse for more juice!
The wing is built around a carbon wrapped main spar, as well as rohacell, plus ribs were added for torsional strength. The fuse sports a primarily kevlar nose with just a couple of carefully placed carbon rovings for a 2.4Ghz friendly nose that can take a high output power plant.
The large fuse can take batteries up to 42mm tall, and 35mm wide. Motors up to 28mm will just drop right in there (you'll want a 30mm spinner for the nose).
The reports are in. All the planning worked. The Viper is very fast, very quiet, and tracks like mad! Are you ready for the next level?
The Viper is also available in: Flaps and Special Show Version
Recommended Motor: Neu 1115/1y
Recommended Motor: Neu 1112/1y
Recommended ESC: Edge Lite 100
Recommended Battery: TP 5s 2250 65c
Recommended Prop: GM 5x5 Spinner combo
Recommended Servo: Fuse MKS DS6100
Recommended Servo: Wing MKS HV6130
Video by Ole Gulbrandsen